Start your day with this recipe. Humm… the aroma and flavor of grandma’s cake in the kitchen are unforgettable! This cake is simple, very easy to make and pleases the whole family.
- 1 and ½ cups of rice cream powder
- 1 and ½ cup (tea) sugar
- 1 cup unsalted margarine at room temperature
- 1 glass of coconut milk (200 ml)
- 1 package of grated coconut (100 grams)
- Zest of the peel of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 orange
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
Ingredients Coverage (optional)
- 4 tablespoons of water
- ½ cup (tea) sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 egg yolks, sifted
Dough Preparation Method
- Grease and sprinkle with rice cream a 22 cm diameter mold with a hole in the middle.
- Preheat the oven to medium temperature.
- Place the rice cream, sugar, margarine, coconut milk, grated coconut, orange juice and eggs in a blender.
- Mix until you get a smooth mixture.
- Remove, place in a bowl, add the orange zest, yeast and mix with a spoon.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the batter comes out clean.
- Remove, let cool and unmold.
Preparation Mode Coverage (optional)
- In a pan, dissolve the sugar in the water.
- Cook, without stirring, for 8 minutes or until you get a golden syrup.
- Remove from the heat, mix the coconut milk and egg yolks and return to low heat, stirring until it thickens.
- Let cool and spread over the cake. Serve immediately.
Use, if you prefer, your preferred form.
You can use the suggested topping or simply cover and decorate the cake with orange zest.
Approximate yield of 12 servings.
See also Grandma Ester’s chocolate cupcake and sponge cake