A cake that men love. The recipe is for a typical North American cake with a unique and special flavor. Check it out and try it!
- 100 grams of unsalted butter
- 1 and ½ cup (tea) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of wheat flour with yeast
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of coffee powder
- 125 ml of boiling water
- 125 ml of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Filling and Covering Ingredients
- 125 grams unsalted butter in pieces
- ¼ cup (tea) cocoa powder
- 1 and ¼ cup (tea) sifted icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- Grease two 20cm round cake pans and line the bottoms with baking paper.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Reserve.
- Mix the coffee with water and strain.
- In another container, mix the cold coffee, milk and vanilla. Reserve
- Preheat the oven to medium temperature.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add alternating spoonfuls of the dry and liquid ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture.
- After the ingredients are well mixed, divide the dough evenly and place it in the molds.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the dough.
- Leave to cool in the molds for a few minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Remove the parchment paper used to bake them.
Method of Preparation Filling and Covering
- In a pan, over low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the cocoa powder and cook, stirring constantly, for another one to two minutes.
- Let it cool a little.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating to make it uniform.
- Add the milk little by little until you get a smooth and shiny cream.
- Fill and cover the cake.
Use the butter for the dough at room temperature.
Using coffee in the cake will provide a darker cake, with a slightly stronger chocolate flavor. The cake will not have a strong coffee taste.
If you prefer, replace the coffee with 125 ml of espresso.
You can decorate the cake with dark or milk chocolate shavings.
See also the angel food cake recipe.