Have you ever made bread at home? No? Try it! Fresh homemade bread is so much better! The aroma of bread baking in the kitchen is irresistible!
- ½ glass (American) of warm orange juice
- ½ cup (tea) sugar
- 1 tablet of fresh organic yeast
- 3 and ½ cups (tea) wheat flour, sifted*
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup orange marmalade (optional)
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Cinnamon powder to taste
Dough Preparation Method
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in the orange juice with the sugar.
- Add the butter, beaten eggs and flour little by little until you get a firm but soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and let the dough rise until it doubles in volume.
- Shape the bread and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven.
- Dissolve the yolk in water and pass it over the bread using a culinary brush.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle the bread with cinnamon powder.
*The amount of wheat flour is approximate.
If you prefer, you can stuff the bread before baking it. Roll out the dough with the help of a rolling pin, brush the orange jelly over the dough and shape the bread.
Approximate yield of 10 slices.
See also the recipe for orange butter cookies.