How about an Oreo cheesecake for a special occasion? It’s the darling of the moment. Give it a try and get ready for the compliments! Another special suggestion you can find in the recipe tips.
- 250 grams of chocolate chip cookies
- 100 grams melted unsalted butter
- 800 grams of cream cheese
- 150 grams of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Juice and zest of 6 lemons
- Small pieces, without filling, of Oreo® cookies
- Oreo® Cookies
- Bittersweet chocolate shavings
- Line a 20 cm round cake tin with a removable base with parchment paper.
- Grind the cookies in the processor.
- Mix the farofa obtained with the melted butter.
- Line the mold with this dough, pressing it with the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and prepare the filling.
- In mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Finally add the sugar, the lemon zest, the Oreo® biscuit pieces and mix well.
- Place this cream on the biscuit base, cover with aluminum foil and place it in a baking dish filled with water until it reaches the edge of the mold by about 1 cm. The steam prevents the cheesecake from drying out and cracking.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until firm and darker on the edges and softer in the center.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the tin, then refrigerate for a few hours, preferably overnight.
- Unmold and decorate with chocolate shavings and Oreo® cookies.
Approximate yield of 10 servings.
See also recipe for tiramisu cheesecake