Video 1 of 2
If recently, we revealed to you the revisitation of the yogurt cake by Cyril Lignac, today we are tackling another classic: the cake. This time we invite you to test a recipe from Mercotte, who shared on his culinary blog the secrets of preparing his almond cake, a perfect cake for breakfast or a snack. Go to the stove.
In addition to being inexpensive, this recipe is particularly simple to make. It only asks, in fact, that 20 minutes of preparation and 1 hour of cooking. You can do it as a family, you’ll see, there’s nothing easier. Here’s how to do it.
For 6 people, you will need:
- 100 g of white almond puree
- 180 g of muscovado sugar
- 200 g of almond paste with 50% fruit
- 4 egg yolks
- 300 g Greek yogurt
- 260 g of T65 or T80 flour
- 1cc of bicarbonate of soda
- 30 g chopped almonds
- A little icing sugar for finishing
- A knob of butter for the mold
- A 26 cm cake mold
Please note that for the recipe, you can replace the almond puree with hazelnut puree or with 200g of softened butter.
- Start by buttering the mold before refrigerating it.
- Preheat the oven to 160°.
- In the bowl of your food processor, mix the almond puree and the sugar before adding the almond paste little by little. Once the mixture is homogeneous and smooth, add the egg yolks then the yogurt in order.
- Add the sifted flour with the bicarbonate without overworking the dough.
- Fill the mold, sprinkle the top with chopped almonds and bake for a good hour. Check the cooking using a knife. Let it cool down before unmolding.
- When the cake is cold, sprinkle with icing sugar.
All you have to do is enjoy!