Humm…crispy on the outside and moist and soft on the inside. Delicious! Have you done it? Ever experienced? An exquisite and very successful sweet for special events, it cannot be missing from your recipe collection. Be sure to check out the recipe tips.
Entering the Macarons
- 125 grams of almond flour
- 125 grams of powdered sugar
- A bit of salt
- 150 grams of sugar
- 100 grams of egg white
- Green powder dye
Pistachio Cream Ingredients
- 480 ml whole milk
- 60 grams of cornstarch
- 4 sifted egg yolks
- 180 grams of sugar
- 240 ml fresh cream
- 1 dessert spoon of pistachio essence
- 300 grams shelled pistachios, roasted and roughly chopped
How to prepare macarons
- Pass the flour, powdered sugar and salt through the processor. Sift and set aside.
- In a pan, mix the sugar with the egg white and heat over low heat to warm. Do not let it boil.
- Remove from heat and transfer the contents of the pan to the mixer.
- Beat at high speed until the mixture cools and forms a meringue.
- Remove from the mixer and add to the sifted mixture, stirring gently with a spatula.
- Add the coloring and mix with a spoon.
- Place the dough in the piping bag fitted with a pearl tip.
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC.
- Line the inside of a baking sheet with parchment paper or place the silpat on an overturned baking sheet.
- Form dough circles of the desired size, without forming peaks.
- Make several leafy circles of the same size.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 130ºC and leave for approximately 10 more minutes or until the dough is baked.
- Remove and let cool.
Filling preparation method
- In a non-stick pan, dissolve the starch in the milk.
- Add the egg yolks, sugar, cream and mix well.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it comes away from the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat, add the essence and pistachios and mix.
- Let cool.
- Place the filling in the piping bag fitted with a pearl tip.
- Apply to the center of the cooled, baked macaron.
- Place another macaron on top to close.
When heating the egg white with the sugar, the maximum temperature reached must be 65ºC.
Macarons should be 3 to 5 cm in diameter.
See also colorful fillings for macarons and pistachio ice cream.