Polenta on its own is good, gratin is much better! Bacon and Calabrian sausage add a special flavor to this typical Italian dish. Don’t forget to try it because it’s very easy to make!
- 1 tablet of chicken broth
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 dessert spoon of minced garlic
- 1 and ½ liter of water
- 1 cup full of cornmeal
- Sal August
- Coarsely grated mozzarella cheese, to taste
Sausage Sauce Ingredients
- 100 grams of chopped bacon
- 100 grams of skinless pepperoni sausage, finely chopped
- 2 seedless tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- In a pressure cooker, add the chicken broth, onion, margarine and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the water, cornmeal and salt to taste, stirring constantly until it boils.
- As soon as it boils, cover the pan, lower the heat and, after reaching pressure, count 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, release the pressure.
- Open the pan and transfer the polenta to an ovenproof dish.
Sausage Sauce Preparation Method
- In a frying pan, add the bacon and fry in its own fat.
- Add the sausage and fry well.
- Drain off excess oil.
- Add the garlic and sauté.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for half a minute.
- Turn off the heat and pour the sauce over the still hot polenta.
- Sprinkle everything with the mozzarella.
- Place in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
If you prefer, before the cheese you can add more sliced Calabrian sausage, already fried.
Approximate yield of 6 servings.
Also check out the recipe for fried seasoned polenta.