Porridge…yay! Nutritious, very tasty, satiates hunger and warms you up on cold nights. Porridge is not just for children and the elderly; It is good for all ages and oatmeal is a great ally in diets aimed at losing weight. Did you know that?
Milk Porridge with Nuts
- 3 cups of milk (tea)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (cornstarch)
- 1 cup (tea) demerara sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 sifted egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 50 grams of crushed walnuts
- 50 grams of whole walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grape juice (optional)
- Cinnamon powder
- Beat the yolk with the sugar.
- Add the milk, mixing in the cornstarch.
- Add the margarine, vanilla essence and grape juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it starts to thicken.
- Add the walnuts,
- Stir again and turn off the heat.
- Let it cool.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Decorate with nuts.
- Serve immediately.
Walnuts can be replaced with Brazil nuts.
Demerara sugar can be replaced with brown sugar.
Approximate yield of 6 servings.
Also check out the walnut alfajor recipe
Simple Oat Porridge
- 1 large American glass of milk
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 and ½ tablespoon of finely flaked oats
- Place all the ingredients over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- After it boils, wait another 1 minute and turn off the heat.
- Place in a deep plate or soup mug.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
You can replace sugar with a culinary sweetener.
When the porridge is removed from the heat, you will find it somewhat liquidy, but as it cools, it will thicken.
If you prefer, you can add a spoonful of 70% cocoa chocolate powder.
Yield of 1 serving.