Video 1 of 2
Between buying gifts for the whole family, the price of transportation or gas to meet loved ones and the cost of food shopping, celebrate Noël always requires a substantial budget… Unless you know the good gourmet recipes but at low prices!
On his Tiktok account, @sosocuisinemoi offers his 147k subscribers video recipes presenting many original desserts. For the holidays, he chose to make delicious orange and white chocolate creams for his community for around 1 euro per person. Want to try the recipe? Here are the steps to follow. If you’re looking for more ideas for your festive menu, find all our Christmas recipes on our dedicated page!
@sosocuisinemoi CHRISTMAS CAKE FOR 1 EURO!!!! #patisserie#cake#noel#1euro#Pascher#budget#recipe#dessert#repasdenoel#facile original sound – Soso cook me
To make this recipe for 6 people, you will need:
- 200 ml squeezed orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 60 g of sugar
- 80g butter
- 100g white chocolate
- Cut the oranges in half then remove the inner flesh of the citrus fruits. Keep the orange shells well.
- Place the pulp in a container and reduce to juice using an immersion blender.
- Place a strainer over a saucepan and pour the mixed preparation to remove the pulp by pressing with a spatula.
- Add the eggs, sugar and spices of your choice such as cinnamon or liquid vanilla to the saucepan filled with freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Heat while whisking.
- Place the preparation in the bowl of a mixer, add the butter and white chocolate and mix again to obtain a very homogeneous preparation.
- Transfer all the citrus shells and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 hours so that the creams set cold.
- Just before serving, take them out of the refrigerator, add a little sugar on top then grill the surface with a blowtorch or grill them for a few minutes to create a nice caramelized layer.
To make this recipe, it is really recommended to use fresh fruits because they will give more flavor to the dessert than a simple juice bought in stores.