Video 1 of 2
If you’ve recently purchased cookware, be careful. A brand has issued a recall for several of its products, including frying pans, saucepans, stewpots, sauté pans, deep fryers and paellas. In question, a premature deterioration of the coating during heating. This browning can go as far as detachment in certain cases, which poses a risk of intoxication for the user.
The products concerned are those of the Heritage range in enamelled steel. The underside of the cookware is painted black with 5FIVE marked in white. They were marketed since 01/01/2023 in various supermarketshome equipment stores and independent businesses across France.
Here is the list of affected models:
- POELE 20CM HERITAGE, GTIN : 3560231645069
- POELE 24CM HERITAGE, GTIN : 3560231645083
- POELE 26CM HERITAGE, GTIN : 3560231645106
- POELE 28CM HERITAGE, GTIN : 3560231645120
- CASSEROLE 16CM HERITAGE, GTIN : 3560231645168
- CASSEROLE 18CM HERITAGE, GTIN : 3560231645182
- CASSEROLE 20CM HERITAGE, GTIN : 3560231645205
- HERITAGE 26CM STOVEPOT, GTIN: 3560231645229
- HERITAGE 24CM FRYER, GTIN: 3560231645243
- HERITAGE 28CM SAUCEPAN, GTIN: 3560231645267
- PAELLA 36CM HERITAGE, GTIN : 3560231645281
All lots of these products are affected by this recall. You can find here the complete list of the points of sale which marketed these products.
If you own one of these products, stop using it immediately. It is recommended that you return it to the point of sale for a refund. The end of the recall procedure is set for December 31, 2023.
If you have used these utensils for cooking, monitor your health and that of your loved ones. If in doubt, do not hesitate to consult a doctor.