English rolls, similar to a rock, light and crumbly that can accompany your tea or afternoon snack. Be sure to check out the recipe tips, which are always very important!
- 200 grams of self-raising wheat flour
- 100 grams of chilled unsalted butter in pieces
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 grams of dried fruit
- 75 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, butter and salt and knead until fine crumbs form.
- Add dried fruits, sugar and mix well.
- In another container, beat the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dough and pour in the egg mixture.
- Mix everything until you get a firm dough.
- If it’s too hard, you can add a little more milk (not too much).
- Distribute large spoonfuls of the dough onto the baking sheets, leaving room for the dumplings to rise.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Turn out onto a grid.
The dough should be 5-7 cm high in the pan, which will ensure a rocky appearance.
Dried fruits: black and white raisins, chestnut chips and other chopped fruits.
The cupcakes can be served with butter, jam or jam.
Ideal to consume the dumplings on the same day.
See also the Snickerdoodle recipe.