Wonderful, one-ingredient recipe! How about a creamy, protein-rich, tasty and healthy butter? Pure, sweet or savory, it’s irresistible!
Cashew Nut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Roast raw chestnuts in the oven for fifteen minutes.
- Let them rest for ten minutes.
- In the processor, little by little, add the chestnuts and grind them.
- Give the processor pauses to clean off the excess that sticks to the walls.
- After about twenty minutes, the chestnuts start to release oil, forming a creamy paste.
- Continue to process the nuts until they reach the consistency of butter.
- Remove and store in a sterilized container.
The oil released by chestnuts is rich in good fats, which reduce bad cholesterol and have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
You can replace cashew nuts with other oilseeds, such as walnuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, almonds.
For sweet butter, if you prefer, add a pinch of cocoa powder or cinnamon to the finished butter, to enhance the sweetness. Honey is also another option that can be added.
For salted butter, if you prefer, you can add soy sauce, black pepper and green chilli.
Use butter on bread, toast, pies, cakes and fruits.
Nut butter has a shelf life of 15 days in the refrigerator.
See also the special farofa recipe.