Get ready for the compliments! Get your hands dirty and prepare a dessert that will please your family and guests. Recipe tips are always important and you will also find other unmissable suggestions!
- 100 grams of margarine
- ½ tablespoon of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 glass of water
- 1 cup wheat flour (tea)
- 3 eggs
Filling and Covering Ingredient
- Cream ice cream
- 100 grams of chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 100 grams of cream
Dough Preparation Method
- In a pan, place the margarine, sugar, salt and water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and stirring vigorously add the wheat flour.
- Return the pan to the heat, mixing until the dough comes away from the bottom of the pan.
- Remove and wait for the dough to warm before adding the eggs.
- Place the dough on a tray in the shape of drops (carolina).
- Bake at 180ºC for 30 minutes or until golden.
Syrup Preparation Method
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on medium power for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix until you get a syrup.
- Fill the carolinas with ice cream and keep them in the freezer.
- When serving, remove the carolinas and drizzle them with the warm syrup.
- If you prefer, decorate with whipped cream.
Do not add eggs to hot dough.
The dough can be placed in a piping bag with a nozzle and the balls shaped on baking paper, leaving a distance of 2 cm between balls.
Do not remove the hot tray from the oven. Turn off the flame, leave the oven door slightly ajar and wait for the oven to cool. If you remove the hot pan from the oven; the Carolinas will wither.
The ice cream flavor can be replaced with one of your choice. The carolinas can also be filled with sweets.
There is the option of purchasing ready-made, unfilled carolinas in health food stores/stores or open-air markets.
Approximate yield of 15 servings.
See also the recipe for profiterole and éclair and the recipe for sago with ice cream.