Learn how to make stuffed cheese bread. Impossible to resist the Minas Gerais bread! So stuffed, it’s all good!
There’s no secret, just choose the filling that makes your mouth water the most and then it’s very easy. Check out the recipe tips with other unmissable suggestions!
- 2 cups (tea) of water
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/3 cup (tea) oil
- 3 cups of sweet cassava starch
- 4 free-range eggs
- 3 cups coarsely grated cured Minas cheese
- In a pan, mix the water, salt, oil and bring to a boil.
- When it boils, add the tapioca starch and stir until it thickens and comes away from the pan.
- Transfer the dough to the mixer bowl.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add an egg and start beating.
- Add the eggs one by one, waiting to mix well before adding the next egg.
- Lastly add the cheese and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- With your hands greased with oil, shape the buns, using a teaspoon of dough for each one.
- On two large baking trays, place the buns evenly spaced.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, until golden.
Suggested Filling Ingredients
- White cheese and guava paste
- Hazelnut cream
- Shredded ham
- Catupiry® type cottage cheese
- Milk cream
- Creamy Pastry
- Open the buns in half and stuff.
- Remove the top of the buns, remove some of the crumb and stuff.
If you prefer, add to mass crumbled and fried Calabrian sausage, small pieces of mozzarella cheese or fine herbs.
Filling can be sweet or savory.
Approximate yield of 30 units.
See also the cheese bread recipes from Minas Gerais and the whole cheese bread recipe.