Video 1 of 3
Are you looking for healthy cakes suitable for children to avoid making them consume industrial versions which are too rich in sugar and saturated fats? Mégane aka the gourmet dietitian has a solution for you: a soft cake to make with only 3 ingredients! The advantages of this recipe are that it has no added sugar, no eggs, no lactose and no cow’s milk proteins. And unlike some commercial cakes which are too hard, the texture is perfectly suited to children, even the youngest from 10 months.
Very often, industrial cakes contain fats such as palm oil and fructose-glucose syrup, sometimes used as a substitute or in combination with sugar. For some time now, it has been known that the latter is not without consequences on the development of obesity and diabetes in children. “The sugar contained in industrial cakes will turn into fat, it will make you gain weight, but not only”, explains Doctor Jimmy Mohammed in one of his nutrition videos that he provides on TikTok, “This fat will spread throughout the organs, this is what we call visceral fat..”
Regarding the palm oil also present in this type of cake, excessive consumption can also cause health problems. Without forgetting the additives which are also suspected of harming health.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes
- 50 g of wheat flour
- 1 jar of compote without added sugar
- 30 g of almond puree (or hazelnuts, peanuts, cashews, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Add all the ingredients to a salad bowl and mix until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Pour the dough into a mold which allows you to make mini cakes. Bake for 17 minutes.
- They will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.