Video 1 of 2
Stuffed pumpkins are an ideal gourmet and comforting dish this season. The tender and delicious flesh of this autumn vegetable is garnished with a stuffing made from onions, bacon, cheese and chestnuts. A combination of flavors that readers of 750g with an almost perfect rating of 4.6/5.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- After preheating the oven to 190°C, clean the pumpkins. Then cut out the hat. Remove the seeds using an ice cream scoop or large spoon.
- Remove a little flesh from the edge and set aside.
- Season the inside of the vegetables with salt, add a little olive oil and place everything in a dish covered with baking paper.
- Cook them for 25 minutes. Test for doneness using the tip of a knife. The flesh of the pumpkins should be tender.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin from the onion and chop it. Then crush the pumpkin flesh set aside.
- Heat a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, add the onion and pumpkin mixture, then brown the preparation for 5 minutes.
- Add the bacon and brown for 3 minutes.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and crush the chestnuts.
- Pour the contents of the pan into a bowl, add the crushed chestnuts, cream, chopped chives, smoked paprika and stir.
- Salt, pepper, add ¾ of the cheese and mix.
- Fill each pumpkin with this mixture and add the rest of the cheese on each pumpkin.
- Cook the vegetables at 200°C for around ten minutes, just to melt the cheese.
You can also make smaller pumpkins so everyone can have the whole vegetable on their plate. An elegant presentation that is sure to delight the taste buds of your guests.