Video 1 of 2
The promise of a delicious meal hangs in the air. On the menu, Cyril Lignac offers you a classic revisited with a touch of refinement. “Tonight it’s cordon bleu and vegetable chips”, he says in an Instagram post. In a new episode of All in the Kitchenbroadcast on M6, the chef made rolled cordon bleu using mushrooms and cheddar. To this, Mercotte’s acolyte in The Best Pastry Chef add slices of Jerusalem artichoke, beetroot and fried potatoes. A real delight. This irresistible combination of flavors and textures will melt the taste buds of your entire table!
View this post on Instagram
- 4 veal escalopes, very finely beaten
- 200 g washed button mushrooms without earthy stems
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- ½ tsp. teaspoon paprika
- 4 thin slices of burger cheddar
- 2 eggs
- 200 g panko breadcrumbs
- Espelette pepper
- You sell well
- Freshly ground pepper
For the vegetable chips:
- 200 g Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and soaked in water with a little lemon
- 2 peeled potatoes
- 1 peeled beet
- Neutral oil for frying
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Preparing the cordon bleu:
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
- Season the veal escalopes on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Roll the cheddar slices and place them in the center of the cutlets.
- Then add the slightly overlapped mushroom strips.
- And roll up the cordon bleu, then wrap it in film before placing it in a dish to reserve in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Using a mandolin, cut the Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes into thin strips. Then immerse them in water to rinse them.
- Dry them and place them in a pan of hot oil at 190°C.
- Cut the beetroot into thin strips and fry them as well, let them brown then drain. Stir the vegetable chips, sprinkle a little fine salt and Espelette pepper.
The breading of the cordon bleus:
- On a plate, break the eggs and beat them into an omelette.
- In another plate, pour the breadcrumbs.
- Bread the cordon bleu in the beaten egg then in the breadcrumbs. Fry them in hot oil, then place them on a plate to drain.
- Season with salt and Espelette pepper.
- Cut the cordon bleu into 2 cm wide sections. Arrange them in a circle on a plate.
- In the center, distribute the vegetable chips.