Explore your palate and try this recipe for a typical sweet and sour dish. Sweet and sour dishes are not a mixture of sweet and salty, as Brazil has a culture of thinking that it is salty and sweet, but that, in fact, it is a combination of sour and sweet. Check out the recipe and try it!
- ½ kg of pork loin
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- ¼ teaspoon of aji-no-moto
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (cornstarch)
- 1 can of pineapple in syrup
- 1 medium green pepper (optional)
- 6 small tomatoes, skinned and seeded
Sweet and Sour Sauce Ingredients
- 1/3 cup (tea) of pineapple syrup
- ½ cup (tea) vinegar
- ½ cup (tea) sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper sauce drops
How to prepare sweet and sour sauce
- Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add ½ cup (tea) of water and stir well.
Loin preparation method
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces.
- Cut the pepper into ½ cm strips
- Cut the loin into 2 cm cubes.
- Fry the loin in very hot oil, stirring constantly, until it is golden.
- Add the aji-no-moto, sprinkle with soy sauce and salt.
- Pour the sweet and sour sauce over the meat.
- Leave it on the fire until it boils.
- Cover and let cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the meat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble.
- Add the pineapple, pepper and tomato.
Sweet and sour dishes are taking over Western menus.
Serve as a main dish.
If you prefer, serve with white rice.
Approximate yield of 6 servings.
See also another version of sweet and sour pork loin.