Every time is the right time to enjoy a delicious bonbon. Surprise your loved ones by offering this finger-licking treat!
Check out the recipe tips where you will find other special suggestions.
- 2 cups of sugar (tea)
- ½ cup (tea) of water
- ½ cup (tea) of Karo® corn glucose
- 2 whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 slices of chopped candied pineapple
- 300 grams of milk chocolate for topping
- margarine spread
- In a pan, place the sugar, water, glucose and place over medium heat.
- Boil for 10 minutes or until soft.
- In electric mixer, beat the egg whites.
- Gradually add the syrup from the pan and beat until firm.
- With a spoon, beat until it hardens.
- Add the vanilla, nuts, pineapple and place on a smooth, greased surface.
- Cut into desired shape and let cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and dip the chocolates in it.
- Place on wax paper and let dry.
Milk chocolate can be replaced with semi-sweet chocolate.
Approximate yield of 30 units.
See also the red velvet recipes – bonbon or cake pops and the truffle and bonbon recipe for gifts.