Video 1 of 2
It’s been a few weeks now since the news broke: this year, the new season of Top Chef in February 2024 will be marked by the arrival of two new chefs among the jury. Indeed, for the fifteenth anniversary of the show, M6 decided to strike hard. So for this 2024 season, the public will find a jury bringing together no less than 15 stars. Something to dazzle us!
Among the new recruits, viewers will recognize chef Dominique Crenn, who has already made a few appearances on the program in previous years. At 58, she currently runs three restaurants in San Francisco and one in Paris since last July, the Golden Poppy, located in the 9th arrondissement of the capital.
To give you a taste of her cuisine, we found a recipe that the chef had shared at the Parisian. As this croque monsieur with three cheeses which fits the season perfectly. It would be a shame to miss it. Go to the stove.
This recipe will only cost 3 euros per person and will only require 30 minutes of preparation. As you will have understood, it therefore has many advantages. Chef Dominique Crenn shared with our colleagues her secrets for this gourmet dish. Here’s how to make it at home.
For 4 people, you will need:
- 8 slices of sandwich bread, brioche or country bread
- 2 small onions (150 g in total)
- 15 cl of port, red wine or grape juice
- 100 to 150 g of semi-salted butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1.5 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 large drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- 1 small handful of vinegared onions (you can use those in the pickle jars)
- 80 g of Comté (or other hard cow’s cheese)
- 80 g of ossau-iraty (or other sheep’s cheese)
- 80 g Camembert (or other creamy cheese)
- 2 tablespoons of whole-grain mustard
- Start with prepare the onion jam. To do this, slice the onions. Then foam 50g of butter in a saucepan over high heat and add the onions as well as the honey and vinegar. Cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring until the liquid in the mixture has evaporated. Add the sugar. Caramelize the onions for a few minutes.
- Add the port to deglaze everything. Scrape the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon to loosen the juices. Then cook over very low heat for at least 30 minutes, stirring often. Get out of the fire. Add salt and pepper. Please note that this jam will keep for a week. Take it out of the fridge 1 hour before.
- Prepare the cheese and vinegared onions. To do this, grate the hard cheeses and cut the creamy cheese into small slices. Divide everything into four portions. Cut the vinegared onions into 4.
- For cooking, melt a nice knob of butter in a large pan. Then reduce the temperature to low heat. Place two slices of sandwich bread. On one of the two, spread half a tablespoon of whole-grain mustard and a good tablespoon of onion jam. Add the cheeses for 1 serving. Close the sandwich and let the filling melt.
- Check that the bread does not burn. Otherwise, lower the heat or add butter to the pan. Repeat the operation with the other three sandwiches.
- For trainingcut the croques in half and arrange them on a plate before topping them with vinegared onions.
All that’s left to do is serve. Good tasting.