Invest in this tasty cherry pie.
Also check out the recipe for Lucia’s wonderful Dutch pie here.
Delicious options for special occasions or for your end of the year!!
- 1 and 1/2 cup wheat flour (tea)
- 1/2 cup (tea) of sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (coffee)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of margarine
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 box of cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 500 ml of milk
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch (cornstarch)
- 1 cup of cherries in syrup
- 1 egg yolk
Pasta Preparation Method
- Mix the wheat flour, sugar, salt and baking powder well.
- Add the yolk and finally the margarine.
- Knead well and let the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- Open the dough with a roll and place it in a high rim roast.
- Make several holes in the dough with a fork and bake for approximately 15 minutes over medium heat.
How to Prepare Cream
- Mix the condensed milk with the yolk, add the sugar, milk and cornstarch.
- Take everything to the fire and always stir until this cream thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream and vanilla.
- Put this cream on top of the dough already baked and warmed.
- Place the cherries in syrup on top of the cream.
- Take it to the fridge.
- Serve well chilled.
Approximate yield of 10 servings.
See also Lucia’s Dutch pie.